Dennis M's Chess Site

This is a blog for chess fans by a chess fan. I enjoy winning as much as anyone else, and I've had a reasonable amount of success as a competitor, but what keeps me coming back to the game is its beauty. And that, primarily, is what this site will be about! All material copyrighted.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Humor Tournament: 1st place

In an earlier post, I referred the readers to the second-prize winning entrant in a study competition devoted to humor; now, at last, Tim Krabbé has revealed the first place-winning composition (see diary entry 281). The winning composition is certainly impressive, but in all honesty, I greatly preferred the second place-winning work (same location; diary entry 276).

Does this mean I'm an endgame study philistine? If there are any composers reading this, I'd love to know what sorts of criteria lead the cognoscenti to prefer the winner over the runner-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home